Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Favourite things in my home

The other day I bumped into a friend I had not seen for a while and she told me she had heard about my home, and suggested I take photos of it and put them on my facebook! At the time I thought, do people really want to see pictures of my home? What would they want to see? It got me thinking about what I like best about my home and what I find really useful and what other people comment on when they come to my home.

So... here are a few of my favourite things.
The kids craft shelf.
This bookshelf/cupboard is located right next to our kitchen table where they do all their craft, drawing etc. I have put all their craft bits and pieces (patty pans, pipe cleaners, wooden sticks, googly eyes, glitter, ribbons etc.) into glass jars so we can see what there is. A few years ago I used to put all their bits and pieces, glue, scissors, boxes etc into a big box and let my eldest daughter just 'go for it' in the afternoons, but come pack up time she it would just get dumped back in the box and things would get thrown away and there would be a big mess all over the floor! Now when they do craft I just put a few jars on the table and let them 'create', because its all in clear jars, they can see what there is to use and its very easy to put things back in their jar when they are done!





Our collage wall. This wall is located in the hallway connecting two bedrooms, bathroom and laundry. I love displaying the kids pictures, and this wall is nice and long.



Framed kids pictures. I had bought these two silver frames from Ikea one day at a bargain price, but I didn't know where to put them or what to put in them. Two Christmas's ago I asked my then 3 year old daughter to paint me an angel to put in one of these frames to decorate for Christmas. I helped her paint the flowers. I was intending to keep them there temporarily while I searched for some nice prints, but, I have grown to love these pictures and I get a lot of comments about them, so I think they will stay there!


I just love the colours this painting!

3 comments:

Trullexa said...

Lovely pictures! Colourful and happy. Mariah in Sweden

Jewelz said...

I've been meaning to say that I love the pictures in your lounge room! They're really sweet, and it's a heaps cool idea! I don't think that I've ever noticed the pictures in the hallway, so I'll have to have a look next time I'm over :)

Anonymous said...

I had heard about your home and pictures only last week while having a cuppa with Kristy and her mum and while we were talking the suggestion was made that maybe you should take photos of them and put them on your blog, well here they are!! What great ideas! Thanks for sharing them, Sarah