Monday, June 16, 2008

Crafty weekend

I woke up on Saturday morning feeling rather inspired to sew! I went through all my materials and decided to make a skirt for child no. 3, who is rather obsessed with skirts and dresses! However, in the meantime, I came across an old craft book which my mother used to use. It brought back old memories of when I was a little girl. I used to make little mice out of felt and create little mice villages.
I thought while I am in a 'sewing mood' I should make my children some little mice! Sooooo I spent the rest of the day was spent making 10 little white, cream, light brown and dark brown mice! While I was making the mice, the kids made houses, boats, furniture etc. for the mice. It kept us all entertained for most of the day.!

Later that day I helped them create some mini sand boxes. Because the sand pit has been rather soggy lately, I put some sand in a shallow box and gave them small animals, diggers, rocks, sticks, leaves, glitter, and little people and let them create a mini place! My kids love sand and this keeps them busy for ages and they don't get all sandy!!

My husband can't understand why I always find messy things for them to do, (he always goes for the 'clean' activities like tv and kicking a ball!) but I just love watching them create things!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Felicity
I came across your blog from Kristy's. I'm going to come back and check it again soon. My nearly 4 year old and I love making crafty things too. I like your mini sand box idea, I'll have to give that a go. I was also really interested in reading what you had to say about being cheerful. Thanks, Sarah

Jewelz said...

That sounds like heaps of fun! Bet the kids loved you for that!

Anonymous said...

ha, i came over here to tell you that sarah c had found your blog but she's already commented!! i thought she'd like it and i was right. she even printed off your cheerful article to read later! you and she would have great chats on kids, i would think!

Anonymous said...

You are such a wonderful mother, you inspire me soooo much!!! You are doing a such great job. The kids are so lucky to have you as their Mother.