Monday, August 11, 2008

More thankful

Since my last post a week ago, we have had a successful week of daily chores. Number 3 hasn't quite grasped the concept of a roster yet, she doesn't understand why she can't prepare the milks and make breakfast everyday! Number 1 and 2 are understanding it very well. Number 1 does a good job at organising everyone, she tells the others what jobs they are doing for the day, and for the day after!

I have really appreciated the help they have given me and I love seeing them serve each other. But what I have noticed most of all is at dinner time, there are so many 'thank yous' to the people who have prepared tea! A spirit of thankfulness is something I have been wanting to instill in my children, and particularly a thankfulness to the cook. My mum encouraged this within us, to always be thankful to someone who has cooked for us, taken us out, or had us over, or given us a gift.

I think because they have each been involved in helping prepare tea at one stage or another, they are more thankful to each other and to me when they eat their meal. Their thankfulness is really sincere, and it comes out spontaneously without me having to prompt them.

2 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

The beauty of a grateful heart!

Jewelz said...

Wow! That's really cool!
Your kids are awesome! I love them!