Saturday, January 10, 2009

This is what you do with...

My kids love to colour, cut, paste, make and paint! For the past few days they have been asking me if they can paint. But I keep delaying my answers, saying, maybe tomorrow... ??

Finally I caved in and said YES you can paint after breakfast!! Well breakfast came and I was not in a painting mood, (I was actually in a sorting and cleaning mood!) I asked my husband if he could take them to the park for a while before he went out golfing for the day, I just needed time to BREATHE before the painting started!
It's amazing how much clearer you can think without 5 extra people in the house! Within 5 minutes of them leaving I came up with a great idea of getting them to paint the trampoline boxes...outside! I didn't have any large bit of paper and I didn't want paint inside, and here were these 2 plain big boxes all ready for painting!

There was hardly any mess for me to clean up, they used up all the paints and I just put all the empty containers in the bin, and they painted to their hearts content!!

So here's what you can do with those leftover Christmas present boxes!!

1 comments:

JMBMOMMY said...

GREAT idea--what fun. Painting is my kiddos fav too!