Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snapshots from my super crazy, adorable 4 year old!

Our 4 year old daughter continually fascinates and shocks me! My husband and I often look at each other after she has done something crazy and make the comment, 'Where did she come from?'.

My nickname for her is Miss Blessie, because it reminds me that she is a blessing and a gift from God, even though at times I feel exhausted from her interactions!
Just in the last 5 minutes since I started writing this post, I went to see her in the bath and noticed many green dots in the water, I asked her if she had done a number 2 in the bath, no the oldest daughter replied, they are tomato seeds!
She had a cherry tomato in her mouth and decided to spit the seeds in tot he water. She has since got out of the bath, and come to see me in the study singing the Adelaide Crows theme song, then proceeded to plead for another tomato....just 1 more tomato and then that's it!

My stress levels seem to dissipate rather quickly when she is not around, its quieter, less fighting, arguing and yelling (all from the others at her doing crazy things to them!) safer, and cleaner. But it is also not as fun, and there are no where near as many cuddle opportunities!
She was the only child who came in the middle of the night, 1:30am. I had been having contractions with her all day and finally went into hospital around 11:00pm but I was sent home, being told those contractions could go on for another week! Well I was back in there an hour later, and 1 and 1/2 hours later she came out - screaming! She was the only one who came out screaming! She was also the most active baby in my belly, and resisted any pressure I put on to her. I was so sure she would be a boy because she was so active, but she is just our super active crazy girl!

She definitely is not your 'typical' little girl. When the boys are over shes outside playing in the sandpit, playing with cars, getting dirty with mud and water, and when the girls are over she is happily playing inside with dollies, ponies and teddies! She also loves cooking, cutting and pasting, drawing, playdoh, anything creative.

She loves wearing dresses and skirt and its often a battle to encourage her to wear anything else, yet she loves to wrestle and punch, she is constantly punching her 13 and 15 year old cousins and unexpectantly throws punches as she passes her siblings (and parents) in the hallway. But I realise this is one of the ways she shows affection, she doesn't mean to hurt, she just being playful?!

All of our kids received money to spend from Christmas. Everyone else had chosen something, except number 3. No, not a toy, not a teddy, not craft, not a book, not lollies...How about lipgloss daddy said. Yes!!!! Clipcloss (that's how she says it!) I want clipcloss!! That lipgloss has followed us everywhere for the past few days and sad to say, its nearly all gone!

I can't wait to watch her grow up, she tests me, tries me, worries me, stresses me - but she makes me laugh so much almost every minute of the day, and she keeps me on my toes. I am so thankful and amazed with the way God has made her so very special, and I pray that He would continue to lead me to train her in the way she should go - in the way God has made her to be.

4 comments:

Jewelz said...

I love Jessie! She gives the best hugs :)

Anonymous said...

you call her miss blessie, i call her monkey. you know she's always been my favourite. :) she is stinkin' hilarious. :D

JMBMOMMY said...

Love how you embrace who God has made her--what a blessing!

Chief said...

She so cheecky and so funny, i can see how she must brignten up your day. Thank God for individuallity and personallity, life would be extreamly boring and mundane if we were all the same.