Sunday, November 15, 2009

Our day at the Christmas pageant

We braved the heat on Saturday and went to the Christmas pageant.


I don't' have any clear memories of going to the pageant when I was a child and my husband has never gone, so this year I really wanted to go. It all seemed a lot more manageable now that we don't have prams and nappies to work around!


Another motivating factor was the possibility of us going to the USA next year, we wouldn't have the chance to go to the pageant again for another 3-4 years and our kids will be older then!


Even though the weather prediction was for 39 degrees, we went along. We managed to find a shady spot, and were thankfully in the shade for half the time, (the time we were waiting to start). When it did start we were so focused on the pageant that we didn't notice the heat too much, I had a little girl in a pram behind me who kept spraying me with water, which was wonderfully refreshing.


I am so glad we went, our kids loved it. When the nativity float went past, my son said to me quietly, "Do they know that story mummy?". Even though he knows that Christmas is all about Jesus, he is starting to realise that there are a lot of people who think Christmas is all about Santa, presents and parties!

After the pageant we went to the markets for lunch and then back to my dad's for a swim!

Here are a few snaps of the day, the kids loved writing with chalk all over the road, and the pink fluffy 'Bruto' and 'Toby the tow truck' were favourite floats!





3 comments:

southeastcountrywife said...

Oh, nice artwork, House!! :)

Had to chuckle at the little girl spraying you...on any other day, I'm sure that would be J or A spraying some strange lady--and probably in cold weather!! ;)

Chief said...

I remember being really fond of the pagent when I was younger (and I still wish I wouldn't look silly going now); Glad your family had fun. And praise God it's not all about the gifts.

Greg and Linda, Hayley, Jacob, Zachariah and Aaron Wilson said...

Hi Felicity! I like your blog! It rings true with what I believe. Well done. I will keep reading it now I've discovered you!love Linda Wilson