Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hope in God

Yesterday I got a taste of what my husband experiences as a Pastor!

Some days he comes home feeling drained, exhausted, downcast....

When you are involved in people's lives, for the sake of the gospel, you are a target.

You can expect to be misunderstood.

I don't know how he does it, I know I need to pray for him so much more, and for all the pastors and elders in our church, they carry such heavy burdens so much of the time.

I am so thankful for a God who can sympathise with us, who can lift our burdens, who truly answers prayer, who is enduringly faithful to His children.

I am so thankful that I can put my hope in God, and I am thankful for my husband who picked me up and cared for me yesterday.

So for all those out there who may be downcast, here is a verse for you.

" Why are you downcast, O my soul?
And why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God.
For I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God."
Psalm 43:5

1 comments:

momstheword said...

My husband and I were joking one time about who "pastors" the pastor. Also, even though he is my pastor I relate to him as my husband, not my pastor.

He has a retired pastor who is mentoring him and they have lunch occasionally. Also, the pastors in our area meet and have lunch and "connect" about once a month.

Being a pastor is very different because your ministry and your job coincide. It is just a blessing to know that God is in control, isn't it?!