Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas is all about worship

Lately I have been listening a lot to Chris Tomlin's new Christmas CD, Glory in the Highest - Christmas Songs of Worship. The CD is definitely all about worship! The way he sings the carols, and other songs he has written all draw me into a heart of worship.

My favourite so far is My soul magnifies the Lord. I just love the way he has Incorporated Mary's song of praise to the Lord when she visited Elizabeth. Luke 1:46-47 says,

And Mary said:
My soul magnifies the Lord
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Saviour....
When Mary was told about the baby she was to give birth to she worshipped God. When the shepherds were told of the birth of Jesus, they came to worship Him. When the Kings saw the star they followed it to worship Him.

This is what Chris writes about the cd,

This is a record that is a long time coming for me. I love how this music and season breaks all the walls down. Rather than just listen to a performance of songs, I hope that this recording quickly invites you to join inthe wordshp of the Savior of the world.

Jesus is the only One who has ever chosen to be born. All glory and honour to Him, for He has come to bring us peace.

The great announcement from the Heavenly host has been made, 'Glory to God in the highest!'


Christmas is all about worship, to God who came to dwell with us, and die for us. There is just so much to worship Him for. I just love the opportunity Christmas gives us to worship Him.

I saw a blow up nativity scene today in Cheap as Chips, something I was surprised to see amongst the santas, trees and reindeer's, but my heart rejoiced to see the glorious scene of Mary, Joseph, shepherds, animals gathered around a manger, worshipping the King!

I pray that you will have many opportunities to worship the King this Christmas time, and every day of the year!

0 comments: