Friday, June 12, 2009

Unless theLORD builds the house...

I have been striving hard lately, mostly in my mind!

Striving to keep my house clean, sort things out so everything is orderly, to keep on top of washing and ironing, to keep on my kids backs about keeping the toy room clean, to have tea ready on time, into the bed on time, to love my husband and delight in my children and to teach 'teach them diligently'.

The problem with all of this is that I have been striving to do it all and the other day it all came on top of me in an emotional heap! I had been accomplishing these tasks, but in my mind they were never good enough, I needed to keep doing more.

I so easily slip into the sins of pride, selfish ambitions, anger...which all fuel these tasks in the wrong way.

But these verses refreshed, convicted and instructed me...

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

and

Unless the LORD builds the house, they labour in vain who build it;
Unless the LORD guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. Psalm 127:1

What an amazing reminder that it is God who needs to build my house, its not up to me and if I do build it, it will be in vain!

I am so thankful for the Word of God, it never fails to show me what I need to hear the most.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks once again for the reminder! God Bless , Sarah.