Monday, December 8, 2008

Handy shopping list

I just came across this handy shopping list. I am currently in the process of listing my shopping items in the order they are located in the shop I always shop at. But it is rather tedious, so in the mean time I might try using this shopping list.

I have this strange desire to create the perfect shopping list (perfect for my needs!). One that prompts me to go check everything in my cupboards to see if I need to restock and one that I can follow easily in the shop so I don't have to keep backtracking when I have missed something in an isle.

Grocery shopping for me has always been a lengthy, drawn out process. It got more complicated as kids came along, and then as they started to talk and walk and multiply!

But since the beginning of this year I decided to make my shopping trips more structured, consistent, and more specific! I used to try and juggle shopping trips around when my husband was home, sometimes he stayed home and looked after everyone and sometimes we would all go together. I have also tried early in the morning before he leaves for work and after tea when everyone is in bed. Then I was inspired by my friend who has always done her grocery shopping on the same day, and with all 3 in tow.

I knew I needed to get into a good routine of when I do my shopping, where and how. I shop on the same day once a fortnight. I travel about 10 minutes up to Gawler and shop at Woolworths. I must admit that I was attracted to the easy access to double trolleys and pram parks right outside the front door! Its great I don't have to push a trolley right around a big shopping centre and be distracted by clothes shops etc. I just go and do grocery shopping. I feed my two youngest a bag of snacks, which last just long enough to get through the shop, and then we head over to Hudsons for a coffee (for me) and babycinos!

So grocery shopping for me is now somewhat of a pleasant experience, and of course I know it will be so much better when I one day perfect my list!

0 comments: